Quality Controls Of Infectious Diseases NATtrol
Globally, millions of people are screened for infectious diseases each year. The implications of reporting a false positive or false negative can be devastating to the patient. Accurate and sensitive diagnostics are needed to confirm that laboratories are providing patients with adequate test results. Consistent use of ZeptoMetrix® NATtrol™ controls helps monitor test performance and provides additional confidence in the quality and reliability of laboratory operations.
NATtrol™ (Nucleic Acid Assay Control) products are the industry’s preferred standard for molecular diagnostic testing and can be used as independent (third-party) quality control materials. NATtrol™ products are prepared from purified microorganisms that are grown in cell culture, microbial culture, or isolated from the plasma of infected individuals.
The NATtrol™ treatment modifies surface proteins and renders organisms non-infectious and stable in the refrigerator while preserving the entire genome. Inactivation of organisms is verified by the absence of growth invalidated tissue culture based infectivity assays or in validated growth protocols (as appropriate)
- Non-infectious and stable in the refrigerator
- Organisms purified and intact
- Comprehensive process controls to monitor extraction and amplification steps
- Available in different formats (single or multiple analytes)
- Can be used in various molecular testing platforms and assays
- Traceable to WHO international standards (where available)
- 12-24 month shelf life
- Extensive patent coverage* and/or patents pending
Frequent use NATtrol™ controls can be used to:
- Train and monitor laboratory staff
- Evaluate lot-to-lot consistency of test kits and assay reagents
- Monitor daily variations in reported results
- Provide an impartial and independent test proficiency assessment
- Provide consistent, reliable and accurate quality control solutions
- Help identify laboratory trends.